Monday, August 2, 2010

I found my Camera!

I finally found my camera! woot woot! (Vince would have killed me if I lost it, I'm on my 5th camera in 2 years! yikes!) First dish I thought I would share with you is last Wednesday's dinner. We had Campbell's Cheesy Chicken & Rice bake! Easy & Super tasty! There is nothing I love more than a 3 in 1 meal. Chicken, rice, & veggies...how can you go wrong? Although after making this recipe 3 times, I made some minor changes to make this dish absolutely PERFECTO! Following the recipe exact you run into a few problems...the chicken is a little bland, the sauce is too runny and the rice can be a little too hard. I came up with some simple solutions. 1) Use 1 cup of rice, instead of 3/4. 3) Season the chicken with "Garlic Salt" before you bake. 3) Soak the rice in the water for 15 mins before dumping it into the dish to pre-soften it. Then...WaaaLaaa...the dish comes out amazing!! I served this dish with some hot Hawaiian rolls! Hubby was pleased once again!! ;) Enjoy!

PS: I used mixed veggies for the perfect combo!

Recipe Link:Campbell's Cheesy Chicken & Rice Bake

No comments:

Post a Comment