Wednesday, July 28, 2010

in a BLAH mood!

Hiii All! I have been in a BLAH mood the last few days, my reason for no extravagant meal posts. Thank the lord for easy meals & the hubby BBQ'ing. I think the hubby is ready though for me to get back in the kitchen for some home cooked meals. I went grocery shopping on Monday night and as I mentioned in my last blog we were going to eat "fast food" that night. Due to the larger than expected food bill, I decided to whip up a quick meal when I got home. I came up with an idea for a easy deluxe grilled cheese sandwich w/ pesto mayo. I basically got..white bread, filled it w/ Tomatoes, Onions, American & Provolone Cheese and spread "Pesto Mayo" on the inside. I create the pesto mayo from those pesto packets and added the cooked pesto to mayo and created a even consistency. I then spread pesto mayo on the outside of each side and cooked the sandwich on medium heat in a frying pan until the sandwich became crispy and golden brown. I thought they came out AMAZING, Vince said they were "good" but one of his was a little soggy. I think that was due to putting on too much mayo and not cooking it long enough. All in all, I will probably make those again for an easy meal! Last night I was still in a super BLAH mood, so luckily we had hamburger buns to use up so the hubs threw some burgers on the BBQ. All I had to do was cut up the toppings & throw some fries into the oven. I can honestly say that nothing beats the smell of a cooking BBQ and not to mention the food always comes out delish!

I plan on making "Campbell's Cheesy Chicken & Rice Bake" for dinner Tonight. Blog to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment